Makabayan endorses Alan Cayetano and Jamby Madrigal
Makabayang Koalisyon ng Mamamayan (Makabayan) announces today the adoption of Alan Peter Cayetano and Jamby Madrigal as its additional guest senatorial candidates.
“We are endorsing Cayetano and Madrigal based on our unities with them on people's issues. Like our other six candidates, Cayetano and Madrigal champion several people’s issues and advocacies which we deem important to the life of our nation,” said Satur Ocampo, president of Makabayan coalition.
Cayetano and Madrigal joined the six senatorial candidates Makabayan proclaimed November last year, namely Teddy Casiño, the coalition's lone official candidate and guest candidates Chiz Escudero, Loren Legarda, Koko Pimentel, Grace Poe, and Cynthia Villar.
Ocampo recalled that Cayetano and Madrigal were consistent allies of progressive lawmakers and activist groups in the fight against the illegitimate, corrupt and oppressive regime of Pres. Gloria Macapagal – Arroyo.
Cayetano’s political involvement began when he was a student leader in the University of the Philippines in the early 1980s. His advocacy is focused on “presyo, trabaho at kita”, specifically for the lowering of prices of basic commodities, generating jobs and increasing people’s income.
Madrigal is a staunch advocate of peace talks, human rights, economic nationalism and the protection of the environment. She stood against Japan-Philippines Economic Partnership Agreement (JPEPA) and destructive foreign mining operations.
Makabayan coalition is composed of 12 progressive parties - Bayan Muna, Anakpawis, Gabriela, Kabataan, Act Teachers, Katribu, Akap Bata, Migrante, Piston, Kalikasan, COURAGE and Aking Bikolnon.###
- World Fisheries Day: Fisherman-solon demands repeal of Fisheries Code
- PHILIPPINE DAILY INQUIRER EDITORIAL: No place at the table
- More restrictions than freedom: Youth solon expresses apprehension over consolidated version of FOI bill
- Sa Pandaigdigang Pagdiriwang ng World Fisheries Day, Ating pahalagahan at Bigyang Proteksyon ang Karapatan ng Pilipinong Mamalakaya – Privilege Speech ni Anakpawis Partylist Rep. Fernando L. Hicap, Nobyembre 18, 2014
- Hacienda Luisita Massacre: Sampung Taon ng Kawalan ng Hustisya – Privilege Speech ni Anakpawis Partylist Rep. Fernando L. Hicap, Nobyembre 17, 2014